Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Michael Cardinal

April 2, 2008.

Look at the birds of the air..... ( Matthew 6 : 26 )

Twig by twig a cardinal constructed a bowl-shaped home in the bush outside my office window. Soon she laid an egg and kept it warm until it hatched. I named the little bird Michael. Although he was tiny, he had a huge appetite. His parents worked hard to keep him fed and safe. In a few months, Michael was ready to leave, and I was there to witness the amazing event.

When Michael left, so did mom and dad. The nest remained empty until the next spring. When mama cardinal returned, I was happy to see her but also sad. We had sold our house and I was concerned that the new owners might chop down the bush. But my concern soon turned to amazement. As i dismantled my office, mama cardinal dismantled her nest. By the time we left, so had the cardinal family. Mama cardinal's God-given instincts had told her to move.

This brought to mind another nature lesson. Using birds and lilies as examples, Jesus urged people not to worry. Since God takes care of Birds, surely He will take card of His people ( Matt. 6 : 26- 30 ).


When we concern for our own well-being leads to anxious thoughts, we can look at the birds and be assured of our value to God and of His card for us........ Julie Ackerman Link

I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me............. Martin

We need not rear the perils around us because the eye of the Lord is always upon us.

0 comments: